Jobs in the Geosciences
Based on the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Job openings in all occupations in the U.S. will increase by 6.5% between 2014 and 2024
- Geology-related jobs will increase by 10.5% in the same period!
- Meteorology-related jobs will increase by 9.2% in the same period!
- In the same period, Biology-related jobs will shrink by 0.2%
Based on the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and AGI Status Report:
- 2014: 324,416 geoscience jobs
- 2024: 355,862 geoscience jobs projected
- 156,000 retirements expected
- 58,000 geoscience BS, MS and Ph.D. graduates
- Workforce deficit of 90,000 by 2024!
- U.S. doesn’t produce enough geoscientists
- Increased opportunities for our students!
Geoscience Careers by AGI link