PEER TUTOR POSITIONS
We hire many peer tutors each year. Peer tutor positions are competitive; some applicants may not receive interviews immediately if their area(s) of specialty is not one that students are currently requesting.
The requirements for consideration are as follows:
- Peer tutors must have a faculty recommendation.
- Peer tutors must have received a grade of B+ or higher in the course for which they would like to serve as a tutor.
- Peer tutors must complete at least a 2-hour training course before beginning tutoring.
- Peer tutors must commit to being present and prompt for all tutoring appointments. (Our students count on their tutors.)
- Peer tutors are interviewed by CADE staff.
If you would like to be a peer tutor, we strongly recommend that you request enrollment in the peer tutor training mini-courses, PROF 221, 222 and 223.
To apply to be a tutor, go to Tracktion and click "I want to be a peer tutor" to begin your application. You will need to have a faculty recommendation form completed by a professor before your interview.
We also have work-study students to staff our reception desk. If you are interested in working in a fun, fast-paced, student-oriented environment, request a placement in CADE when you talk to the Work-Study coordinator.