- Upper Susquehanna Water Quality and Fecal Coliform Monitoring
- Long-term monitoring on Otsego Lake and the Susquehanna Watershed
- Wastewater Treatment in a Constructed Wetland: Assessment of Treatment Functions and Treatment Potential
- Walleye and Alewife interactions in Otsego Lake
- Lake trout and Lake whitefish recruitment in Otsego Lake
- Survey of Fish Parasites in Otsego County Water Bodies
- Eurasian Milfoil Control in Inland Lakes
- Biocontrol of Purple Loosestrife at Goodyear Swamp Sanctuary, "Oneonta Marsh" and other wetland areas
- Oaks Creek benthic (bottom-dwelling) invertebrate survey along Otsego Land Trust holdings
- Long-term monitoring of the Moe Pond ecosystem
- Aquatic Invasive Species surveys in 5 New York City reservoirs
- "Bioblitz" surveys on Otsego Land Trust property holdings
- National Science Foundation Grant: Implementing the Otsego Lake Watershed Plan – Enhancement of Lake Access, Laboratory and Field Instrumentation and Associated Research
- Systematic testing of boat washing protocols to prevent transport and spread of zebra mussels
Past Student-Facilitated ResearchSince the BFS' summer internship program began in 1974, hundreds of college undergraduate and high school students have participated in research at the Biological Field Station. Students are also involved in research at the BFS under the guidance of SUNY Oneonta faculty via Directed Research and Independent Study opportunities during the academic year; students are generally associated with the Biology Department, though the BFS is a resource intended for all academic departments at the College. Student research projects are described and presented in each year's BFS Annual Report (see our Publications page for reports back to 1993); an overview of annual student involvement is provided for 2008 through 2013 in poster format, available for download below. You will need Adobe Reader to view these files.
Student-Facilitated Research Projects: click here.
2011 Student-Facilitated Reseach Projects: click here.
2010 Student-Facilitated Reseach Projects: click here.
2009 Student-Facilitated Reseach Projects: click here.
2008 Student-Facilitated Research Projects: click here.