|Otsego Lake Information||What's New||Contact||Staff||Publications|
|Field Trips||Internships||Courses||Taxonomic Database||Current Projects|
The Thayer Farm from Otsego Lake
Actively farmed fields
The Thayer Farm is a 256 acre farm established by William Thayer (1775-1861). It was recently donated to the Biological Field Station by Rufus Thayer for the purpose of research and education.
The farm, has lakefront property on Otsego Lake, a boat house, trails, and many acres of mature woodlands.
There are more than 80 acres being actively used for agriculture. Twelve buildings are being renovated for student and faculty use.
Last updated: 22 March 2002