Sample of Information to be Sent Reviewers
(The official letter executing the agreement on expenses and honoraria must come from the provost.)
Faculty in the ______ program at SUNY Oneonta routinely measure student learning for purposes of continuous improvement. The provost establishes a schedule for each program to be evaluated every seven years within which the faculty must complete the SUNY-mandated review. This review is an integral part of the College’s Middle States Association assessment activities. The review is scheduled to take place on ______.
As you are an (expert, distinguished teacher, experience program reviewer) who is being considered to serve as one of the two external program reviewers to review the ______ program, please forward a copy of your curriculum vita to me by the end of September (or other appropriate date).
If you are selected and agree to serve as a program reviewer, the following information will apply:
Transportation – Per College policy:
- Receipted expenses that are eligible for reimbursement will be reimbursed when the review has been completed and the written report received.
- Reviewers will need to make their own arrangements for transportation, including the booking of any necessary air travel. Once the reviewer has identified a suitable travel schedule, the estimated cost for air travel must be communicated to the department chair before the reservation is confirmed. Reviewers will be required to furnish receipts for all travel and lodging expenses and to complete a Travel Voucher and, if necessary, a Statement of Automobile Travel (AC160).
- Rental vehicles should be selected based upon reasonable cost in conjunction with the justified needs of the reviewer. Please note: NY State does not permit reimbursement for anything but the basic costs of car rental (i.e., it prohibits reimbursement for GPS, extra insurance, satellite radio, etc.)
- If the reviewer travels via a personal vehicle, reimbursement for mileage will be at the NYS established personal car mileage rate.
- Tolls and parking are reimbursable expenses if the reviewer submits the required receipts.
- At the conclusion of the visit, the reviewer will be asked to sign a Standard Voucher completed by the department chair. A copy of the letter from the reviewer confirming that the review will take place will be attached.
Lodging during the review
- If overnight accommodations are needed, the College will arrange for lodging in on-campus housing if it is available.
- If housing in campus facilities is not available, the Academic Affairs Secretary will make a tentative reservation for the reviewer and the hotel will bill the College directly.
- The charge for the reviewer’s lodging accommodations can not exceed the NYS government per diem rate for that geographic area.
- If the reviewer has personal plans that include a traveling companion or an extended stay in Oneonta, the reviewer will be responsible for those expenses.
- The reviewer should notify the department chair of his/her preference for a smoking or non-smoking room as well as the number traveling with the reviewer.
The reviewer’s meal expenses are not reimbursable according to New York State and College policy.
The honorarium paid to each reviewer following the conclusion of the review and receipt of the reviewer’s report will be ________
- The reviewers are to function as a team and expected to submit a single, consolidated team report.
- The written report submitted by the reviewers must address the program areas as outlined in writing by the department chair. The dean and or provost may require the reviewers to address additional areas.
- The written report should be received from the reviewer within ______ weeks unless otherwise specified by the department chair and the dean of the school.