News & Events
Art Department Pre-Enrollment
for Art and Computer Art Majors
Print the pre-enrollment form here and bring it to your advisor along with a fresh copy of your "arrow" sheet.
Pay careful attention to the instructions and deadlines!
Due to the limited number of seats in Art Department classes, it is critical that you participate in the department's pre-enrollment in order to insure that you get the courses you need. Students who do not participate in this program find themselves closed out of the courses they need. Failure to participate can lead to delayed graduation. It is important that all students see their advisors to make sure that they are on track to meet graduation requirements. The process guarantees three ART/CART classes for each student.
KEY DATES AND DEADLINES
Overview of the process
- Students print their arrow sheet
- Students print the Course Selection form from the web: http://www.oneonta.edu/academics/art/news.html
- Students choose five classes from the list and prioritize them 1 to 5 (where 1 is their first choice) in the “Selection Number" column
- Students bring the "Course Selection Form" and their “Arrow” sheet to their advisor between February 25th to March 19th
- Their advisor will: check to ensure the classes chosen by the student are appropriate ones, answer questions, and initial the choices on the student's form
- After the meeting with their advisor, students take their "Course Selection Form" to the Art Office between February 25th and March 19th
- Students return to the office to pick up the signed “registration” form between March 24th to March 27th
- Students take their form to the registrar between March 24th to March 27th
This last step is crucial. If students neglect to take this form to the registrar, their Pre-Enrollment will NOT be complete!
Also make sure you have no "holds" on your account or you will NOT be able to pre-enroll in classes!
Study Abroad Students: Please email your advisor with your class choices.
Advisors office hours
You can meet with your advisor during their regular office hours which are:
Sven Anderson: On sabbatical this semester, please see another faculty member for advisement!!!
Nancy Callahan: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00 to 11:00 am. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 to 2:45 pm.
Jian Cui: Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Allen Farber: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 to 11:00 am. Wednesdays from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
Rhea Nowak: Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 to 10:00 am.
Thomás Sakoulas: Mondays from 1:00 to 2:00 pm.
Yolanda Sharpe: Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Katherine Spitzhoff: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 2:00 pm.
Completed forms are only valid during the Pre-Enrollment by Major period.
Completed forms submitted to the Registrar after March 27th WILL NOT be accepted.
A talk by Ron Padgett:
New York Poets & Painters:
November 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Ron Padgett is a poet associated with the Second New York School of writers and artists, author of twenty-eight collections of poetry, essays, and translation, as well as books on creative writing.
An essential part of his career as a poet he has been his collaboration with a number of New York artists, among which are Glen Baxter, Joe Brainard, Jim Dine, Bertrand Dorny, Hans Hokansen, Alex Katz, Rory McEwan, George Schneeman and Trevor Winkfield.
In most of his collaborations with artists he has supplied the words and a bit of the visual art, creating drawings, paintings, collages, silkscreens, lithographs, sculpture, books, and ceramics.
More info about Ron Padgett at ronpadgett.com
Art History Conference
Challenging Art in a Changing World: Revolution, Rebirth, Repetition. Thursday May 2nd, 9:00am - 6:00pm in the Hamblin Theater, Fine Arts Building.
Professor opens solo show in New York City
Sean Scherer exhibits his "Recent Paintings and Drawings" at the "Guided by Invoices" gallery in Chelsea New York. The opening reception is on May 2nd, 6:00-8:00 PM.
Sean Scherer teaches 2-D Design and Art History at SUNY Oneonta.
2013 Annual Juried Student Exhibition
Number 5 most impressive computer labs in the country
The Art Department's Computer Art labs are number 5 in the Ten Most Impressive Computer Labs in the Country; a list compiled by onlinecolleges.net.