Back to the SUNY Oneonta Art Galleries
Opportunities for Art students to exhibit their work - General Information
There are several slots alocated to student-initiated exhibitions in the Project Space Gallery every semester. Art and Computer Art majors are encouraged to submit proposals
You may apply for either a solo, or a group exhibition by following these simple guidelines:
- Study your portfolio and put together a body of work that could mount a competent public exhibition
- If you plan on a group exhibition, discuss the plan with your colleagues and decide on a common theme that would unite everyone's work
- Seek a faculty advisor and discuss your plans with her/him
- Write a coherent proposal to include:
- Name, phone numbers, email, and addresses of all exhibitors.
- Name of student spokes person (in the event of group proposal) to represent the group
- Name of the faculty advisor
- Exhibition title and description
- Dates of proposed show
- At least 20 examples of anticipated exhibition works in digital format (all works must include size and media information)
- The faculty advisor signature
- Submit your proposal to the Gallery Director by the posted deadlines, (see updated info in white panel on this page).
The Gallery Director and the Gallery Advisory Committee reviews all proposals and approves exhibitions.
If your proposal was not chosen, you will receive feedback from the Gallery Director on ways to improve the proposal for a subsequent exhibition.